Intern at the GMC! We’re hiring.
Digital Content Intern
The Internship Description:
The Greater Manchester Chamber is seeking a highly motivated and results driven content intern with strong writing skills. This is an exciting and dynamic opportunity at one of the leading non-profit and business advocacy organizations in the State of New Hampshire for someone who wants to work as part of a skilled team and gain valuable experience within a variety of industries and topics.
The digital content intern will assist in the execution of content development for the Greater Manchester Chamber, with a strong focus on writing. You will work directly with our Director of Marketing and Communications to create blog posts and content for social media to engage our target audiences, write email blasts and press releases, and assist with digital marketing communication campaigns.
Applicants should be comfortable taking direction from other team members and should also expect to take the initiative to keep a pulse on newsworthy stories in the greater Manchester community. An ideal candidate knows how to ethically research various topics and industry trends and is comfortable with interviewing business owners and members of the community.
Actual Things You’ll Do:
The work you do will vary and may be heavier in some area than others, such as writing. The following are types of work you’ll actually perform:
- Write website copy
- Social media post drafting scheduling
- Edit and polish existing content to improve readability
- Develop email newsletter copy
- Curate, research, design and write blog articles and press releases
- Create eye-catching and innovative headlines
- Perform research and outreach
- Create effective, engaging graphics
- Collaborate with the editorial team on new ideas and strategies for effective content
- Proofreading content for errors and inconsistencies
- Learn to use Constant Contact, Sprout Social, WordPress, Adobe Suite and Canva
- & much, much more!
To be considered, applicants should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Basic understanding of marketing concepts and principles
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Familiarity with social media channels and audiences
- Familiarity with keyword placement and SEO
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Familiarity with Constant Contact, Canva, Adobe Suite and graphic design a plus (but not required. One of the benefits of this internship is gaining experience with these programs).
- Working knowledge of WordPress a plus (but not required).
- Detail oriented and organized with a positive disposition
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Quick learner who listens and asks good questions
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce quality work. This means you are willing to put in the effort/time required to get the job “done right,” – not “done right now.”
- Enough confidence to share your ideas, participate in business conversations and take (or give) constructive criticism
- Working toward a degree in English, journalism, marketing, communications, or a related field
What’s in it for you?
We offer a creative, innovative, and rewarding environment that provides a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work with the key business and community leaders of New Hampshire.
If you think you want to live and work in New Hampshire after graduation, you’ll make invaluable connections during this internship that could very easily open doors for your career.
There are also some perks, like free parking and reimbursements for patronizing new businesses in Manchester while on the job (exclusions and limits apply). Gauging where your interests and passions lie, we can provide access to a variety of online professional development and training opportunities. You’ll also have free access to all of the Greater Manchester Chamber and Manchester Young Professionals events.
The internship may be extended into the Spring for the right candidate.
How to Apply:
Send the following documents as one .PDF to Lauren Getts, Director of Marketing and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Professional resume
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the position and touching upon your previous experience. Please include any internship requirements as indicated by your school’s program (if applicable).
- A Writing Sample.
- List of any blogs, websites or social media pages that you consider to be part of your portfolio.
- 2 References
No calls please. Accepting applications until Friday, August 27th at 5 p.m.