The Downtown Committee meets the fourth Thursday of the month at 8:30 a.m. at the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, 54 Hanover St.*
Next meeting: 8:30 a.m., Thursday, May 23
Chair: Mike Whitten, Manchester Transit Authority
Mission: The Downtown Committee promotes and enhances downtown Manchester’s economic vitality, cultural and historic resources, and quality of life.
- Downtown is the region’s most desirable destination to live, work and play.
- The downtown business community is vibrant, diverse and profitable.
- The Central Business District is accessible, desirable, safe and beautiful.
- Downtown Committee holds “Responding to Downtown’s Street Population” workshop
- Downtown Committee spearheads creation of Downtown Manchester Map & Guide
- Downtown Committee successfully advocates for Elm Street sidewalk funding
- Downtown Committee assists with the re-branding of the Green DASH