The Government Affairs Committee meets the first Friday of the month at 7:30 a.m. at the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, 54 Hanover St.
Next meeting: 7:30 a.m., Friday, June 7
Chair: John Weaver, McLane, Graf, Raulerson & Middleton
Mission: The Government Affairs Committee monitors and tracks legislation and government-related issues on the municipal, state and federal levels. The committee makes formal recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding positions the Chamber should adopt in regard to various issues. Once recommendations are adopted, the committee assists the Chamber in promoting its positions.
- Affect existing and proposed legislation and regulations to grow the economy of the greater Manchester region and improve its business environment, including ensuring that all government requirements are well-defined, easily understood, and relevant to the regulated businesses.
- Provide access to governmental officials at the federal, state, and municipal levels for Chamber members to easily express their concerns and priorities to the officials making decisions concerning members’ businesses.
- Remain influential and respected among municipal, state, and federal officials.
- Business and Government reception
- State of the State/City breakfast
- Legislative Dinner
- Policy roundtable series
- Mayoral or gubernatorial debate
- Government Affairs Committee hosts 2012 District 1 Congressional debate
- Government Affairs Committee hosts 2012 Gubernatorial debate
- Government Affairs Committee hosts 2012 District 4 Executive Council debate
- Government Affairs Committee hosts “How to Run for Office” workshop
- Government Affairs Committee hosts 2012 Legislative Dinner
- Government Affairs Committee hosts 2012 State of the State/State of the City breakfast
To learn more or get involved, call Will Stewart at 792-4107.llllll