Join our team! We’re Hiring: Director of Finance
The Greater Manchester Chamber (GMC) is excited to announce a new role within their team: Director of Finance!
This is an exciting and dynamic opportunity at one of the leading non-profit and business advocacy organizations in the state of New Hampshire. As part of the GMC team, you will be driving the Chamber’s mission to shape economic success and the quality of life in Greater Manchester. The Director of Finance is a key full-time position within the innovative and driven GMC organization.
Minimum Requirements: Five+ years of finance/full charge accounting experience and demonstrated success, Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, and proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office applications.
Skills Required: Experience in financial accounting and management, preferably the non-profit sector, and ability to manage multiple deadlines. Proven understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and ability to reconcile, analyze and understand financial transactions. Ability to work both independently and as a collaborative team member. Excellent people skills to include interpersonal skills, oral and written communication with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary and dynamic environment. Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways to create efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems. High adaptability, detail orientation and excellent organizational skills.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Execute full charge accounting functions including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, managing the General Ledger and reconciliation process
- Process bi-weekly employee payroll with third-party payroll provider and review all related payroll tax filings
- Conduct all banking activities, including bank deposits, as required
- Drive the preparation and maintenance of the annual budget, operational and cash flow projections
- Finalize and close books on a monthly basis including the preparation of journal entries
- Prepare comprehensive and accurate monthly financial reports to include internal/external reporting requirements and maintain financial reporting systems
- Perform budget vs. actual variance analysis on monthly P&L
- Present monthly financial report to Finance Committee
- Reconcile all bank accounts monthly and manage fixed assets and depreciation
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures and monitor internal controls and procedures for effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by enforcing adherence, filing financial reports, and advising CEO on needed actions
- Collect, interpret and report financial data to provide status of financial condition to the CEO and Board of Directors
- Prepare for annual audit by coordinating schedules and reviewing accounts for accuracy and work in partnership with audit firm to complete the audit process
- Inform CEO of needed financial policy changes, financial status updates, and budget deviations
- Other fiscal related matters and special projects as required
We offer a creative, innovative and rewarding environment that provides a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work with the key business and community leaders of New Hampshire. The Chamber offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience), strong benefit package including paid vacation and personal time, health and dental plan, and 401k.
Want to join our team and be a pivotal part of the greater Manchester community?
Email cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.